God King Trump 2016
I’m going to try to keep this short and sweet.
The United States of America isn’t going to explode into all out warfare and people aren’t going to suddenly get rounded up and put into concentration camps and face horrendous atrocities at the hands of a fascist regime.
For some reason, many people seem to think this is the direction that the US is heading now that Donald Trump has been elected as the next President of the US. Sure, he’s an asshole and he is the least popular choice out of the two least popular choices you had to make, but it’s not the end of the world.
All you will get from Trump is four crappy years before the Democrats regroup and the people who didn’t vote this time around realise they need to get their ass into gear for the next election and vote blue. Everyone up there in the US needs to suck it up and ride it out until that happens. Seriously, stop whining, rioting in the streets, acting like your children are going to suddenly explode and accept that this is how your democratic system works. You need to deal with it like the voting age adults you are.
Realistically, one of two things will happen.
- Trump has a shitty four years and then people elect someone better into office after the country has learned a valuable lesson from those four years;
- or, and this is the more terrifying scenario for a lot of people, Trump proves to the country that his way actually WORKS in a positive way for everyone in the country… and the people who opposed him will have to admit that they were wrong about him.
I think we can all agree that the first scenario is the more likely outcome.
In conclusion. Suck it up America. He’s not going to be President forever and it’s not the end of the world. All that’s going to happen is that you’re going to have a bad few years with a shitty President.
- Is this site suitable for civilised society? | 15 December 2009
- I fucking hate this country! Part 2 | 30 October 2008
- An analysis of keyword searches bringing people to this humble video game site | 10 September 2010
- EA, LucasArts and BioWare collectively hates Australia, Latin America and Asia… | 22 July 2011
- There is hope yet for an R18+ rating down here in Australia! | 6 December 2010